Friday, April 10, 2009

Rainy Good Friday

Yesterday during Clayton's nap I painted two bathrooms....today...I accomplished a nap myself! I forgot how great a nap was during a rainy day! Big C and I did comb two stores looking for accessories for our newly painted rooms. I found this great wicker vase...on sale...and was able to have my choice of 'fake' foliage to put in it. I found some purple that matched along with some deep greens to accent the room. As you can tell, it is going in the purple bathroom. I purchased the whole ensemble for under $20!


On this Good Friday, I've been constantly reminded all day to be thankful. When Big C woke up this morning and gave me his smile, I said a little thank you to Jesus. When my husband gave me a kiss and told me he loved me this morning, I said a little thank you to Jesus. When the rain started pouring and my son and I stayed dry and warm, I said a little thank you to Jesus. When our toilet broke and my husband and I fixed it with toilet water raining down on us....yes, it was gross....I said a little thank you to Jesus that this was the only 'problem' of the day. When my Mom called to talk over Easter plans, I said a little thank you to Jesus. When my sister emailed me, I said a little thank you to Jesus. When I received text messages or phone calls from friends today, I said a little thank you to Jesus. Even as I sit here writing this, listening to Big C 'talk' to himself in his crib before drifting off to sleep, I say a little thank you to Jesus. When I go to bed tonight, I will be reminded of my family, friends, and good health and I will again say a HUGE thank you to Jesus for He has suffered, died, and risen so that I may live.

No comments:

Post a Comment