Monday, April 20, 2009

Race for the Cure

On Saturday, Indianapolis held the Race for the Cure raising money for the Susan G. Komen foundation in the hopes of educating about breast cancer, providing mammograms for women, and finding a cure for this horrible disease. I, along with 42,000 other participates spent our morning walking/running in the 5k race. (This was the second largest number of participants in Indy’s history!) The weather was beautiful, the survivors were decked in their pink shirts and boas, and there was HOPE in the air! Here are a few pictures from this amazing morning.


Just a few of my closest friends(42,000) and I...the pink women is made from women who survived breast cancer...some even TWICE! GOD IS GOOD!!


A few of the Indianapolis Colts were on hand to shower their support...you can kinda see Bob Sanders in the black hat in the top right hand corner.

Let the race begin....


....but not until after a photo shoot! T and I sporting our shades.



It's amazing that I have any friends!! In my race day garment.

T with her dog Annabell. (T is 7 months preggers and walked 3 miles without breaking a sweat..she is a machine!!) Annabell wore a shirt that was pink and said "I walk for my human."



Literally, it was a sea of people...the front ......

....the back....


The course takes us past the Indianapolis Zoo. Every year that I participate in the race...which is EVERY YEAR....the zoo keepers show their support and encouragement by 'dressing up' an elephant with a race day costume. This picture is a little hard to tell...but this elephant has pink ribbon 'earrings' on each ear and a Susan G. Komen pink ribbon banner...so CUTE!

No comments:

Post a Comment