Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Confession.

I have a subscription to a celebrity smut magazine.


I've had this subscription for three years.


I look forward each week to my magazine.


I'm not ashamed to admit it.


Yes, I do get made fun of by various friends/relatives that visit our house for owning a subscription. However, after laying eyes on the magazine, they all pick it up and begin reading through it claiming that they need to get "updated" by ways of MY SUBSCRIPTION!! With eye catching, thought provoking front page covers like....

...and.....
How do you not pick it up and flip through?! Today I received my weekly subscription and as soon as Big C went to sleep for the night, I sat down and began my ritual of reading it from coverith to coverith. Halfway through I came across a small article on everyones' favorite family of 10 (+2 dogs) the Gosselins. The small one paragraph article claimed that Jon admits to having marital problems, but also swears to never cheating on Kate. The family has an article in Ladies' Home Journal magazine's May issue.

After I little more researching (or stalking...whatev..) online, I was able to find the gist of the article. (Yes, I would have went and bought it if this was not found!)
Here are some excerpts from the interview -

On the state of their marriage
Jon: I am not perfect. This struggle has definitely put some tension in our marriage. But I never cheated on Kate. Kate and I are together.
About how Jon saw his future
Jon: I always thought I’d be, like, 54 years old and marry a 19-year-old or something.
About the loss of privacy
Kate: The fact that we are recognized, screamed at, mobbed and so often approached when we’re together does make life difficult.
Jon: Kate and I maybe have 10 minutes together while we’re cleaning up the kitchen, but otherwise it’s the kids and the show and meeting and, well, see you next Christmas, Kate.
About their roles as parents
Jon: It’s a tough thing, breaking this stereotype that you’re worthless if you’re a stay-at-home parent. People still define one another by their careers… Kate’s a type A personality, and I’m a giver.
About their fans
Kate: I don’t get it. I’m just a mom who’s doing her best – not unlike moms everywhere. I just happen to have a few more kids than the average.
Their advice for Octomom Nadya Suleman
Kate: Just take one day at a time, accept a lot of help and try to use the little moments that arise to connect with each kid.
About life pre-sextuplets
Kate: I wouldn’t return to those days. We think of the TV show as our family job, one that lets us stay home together.


Comments? Thoughts? Opinions? My jury is still out...especially after watching the episode that aired this week about the Gosselins "Going Green."

No comments:

Post a Comment