Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Book Review

ON SALE NOW!!!

I just ordered mine...can't wait for it to arrive in 3-8 business days...better be closer to 3!!



I literally just finished this book...like maybe an hour ago.



Yes...this is an young readers' book...however I found that when I picked it up, I couldn't put it down. It was a super quick read...the chapters are maybe 3 pages long and the author addresses the reader in the story....(wonderful for students' comprehension skills by the way!). My overall feeling about this story....ehhh. I honestly thought that this would be a light hearted read considering that I saw Kate Gosselin reading it to her children as they hugged their little stuffed Despereaux dolls with over sized ears and they saw the movie. (FYI...the 5th season of Jon and Kate Plus 8 will be starting soon.)
However, that is not the case. Many sad things occur in the book....including a little girl's father selling her for cigs, a hen, and a table cloth into slavery. The story has a huge build up and then at the height of the climax, the characters just sit and stare at one another. I guess I'm going to have to see the movie now. I'm curious of how closely the movie follows the book.
By the way....have I told you how excited I am to start reading my new book?!
P.S. My fellow gym rats are not...we all know what happened last time I read a Lancaster book at the gym.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment