Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day Hunt

My husband left on Thursday for an annual "boy's trip" to visit some baseball fields. I was a little bummed that he wouldn't be home in time for Mother's Day, however he does deserve this trip after working so hard. Curt is not one for planning...he leaves that to me. So, I decided to buy my own Mother's Day gift because I figured that he wouldn't have time or would forget in the excitement of his big trip. (I bought myself the new Jen Lancaster book "Pretty in Plaid"...still have not got it in the mail...RAGE!)

This morning I woke up to a text message that was sent to me in the VERY early morning on Mother's Day. The text message told me to look under the mattress for a special surprise and good luck.

So...right away...I think.....ugh...what now? Dirty socks? Heaven forbid....dirty underwear?


Instead, I found.................


a note. The first of four more notes to follow.


The notes had clues that sent me to places like the china cabinet in the dinning room.


Under cabinets, in books....

Finally...it took me to my husband's dirty clothes hamper. I KNEW IT!! DIRTY CLOTHES!! What a wonderful Mother's Day gift! "Hey honey, sorry I won't be home on your Mother's Day. Oh, and by the way, will do you clean my dirty underwear?" Oh H*LL NO! The last note said to look in the dirty clothes hamper...so, while holding my breathe..........I dug in and found....



It is a mini camcorder that is about the size of a cell phone. It records up to 60 minutes of footage in HD!! It also has a USB port that flips out and you can easily download your videos to your computer for sharing online.
Boy was I surprised! This took major planning, set up, and hiding on his part. I was so stunned and he made me feel so special that he put time and so much thought into creating a scavenger hunt for me.
Dear Curt,
I can not thank you enough for you being you. On this Mother's Day, I have fallen in love with you all over again.
I love you!
P.S. I may just clean your dirty undies after all!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. How sweet of your hubby to plan such a special surprise! Thanks for participating in my meme! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is incredibly sweet and thoughtful!! I'm very jealous! I will be expecting videos more videos on the blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Curt!! i love my Flip, they are SO fun!! I hope you had a wonderful mother's day!

    ReplyDelete