Monday, March 23, 2009

Monday Night Menu

Our dinner menu tonight consisted of a new recipe that I found from one of my favorite blogs...Kelly's Korner. The recipe is for Meat Cupcakes...and no there is no cake involved. (This was my husband's first question!) They were mmm....mmmm...delicious! I think this is a new staple on our menu! Here is the recipe if you would like to try it at home. It is super simple and not time consuming at all. After teaching 5 year olds all day and coming home to watch a 1 year old I was able to cook a semi-homemade meal and put it on the table in 20 minutes...Rachel Ray eat your heart out!

Meat Cupcakes Ingredients

hamburger meat, ketchup, mustard, brown sugar, worestecher sauce, biscuits, and shredded cheese


I'm a visual learning...so there are lots of pictures for this!


First thing first...get that hamburger meat browning! While this is cooking away, you can get the rest of the ingredients prepared.

While the meat is browning, open the biscuits and put them in a muffin tin. (I buttered my tin to make sure that the biscuits wouldn't stick.) I spread the dough out so that it covered a little of the sides to make a basin for the meat to snuggle in. You can go ahead and turn the oven on 400' to get it warm.

Don't forget to check and turn your meat! After that, time for the sauce. Mix the worestercher sauce, mustard, ketchup, and brown sugar together to make a BBQ sauce.


Once the meat is done, drain it, then mix the BBQ sauce in with the meat.

Next, fill the muffin tins with dough with the meat/BBQ mixture.

Place the muffin tin into the oven and cook on 400' for about 10 minutes or until the dough has risen and is golden brown. Right before they are done, sprinkle some shredded cheese on top of the each 'cupcake' and leave in the oven just until the cheese is melted.
Voila! Meat Cupcake! I served it with green beans...Clayton's favorite...and pears on the side..here is my plate sans pears.
Now the real question was if my little garbage disposal would eat it! He generally eats most things that you put in front of him, especially if Mommy is eating it first. He took a few bites of the meat, but he is not a big meat eater. He loved the biscuit though!
Sadly, there were no left overs.












..

No comments:

Post a Comment