Tuesday, March 3, 2009

March Madness Baby!!!

It's Coming! It's Coming!!!! March Madness Baby!!

My family is a BASKETBALL family! My husband coaches Varsity basketball, so we live, breathe, and eat it...literally! (I made a basketball cake for Clayton's first birthday, in the shape of a basketball, and we ate it!) We live in Indiana, which is Basketball Nation! I'm so excited for March Madness to begin! For those of you who don't know, March Madness is a phenomenon that grips the national sports psyche from the first week of March through the first week of April. March Madness is the moniker that is given to the National Colligate Athletic Association (NCAA) Men's and Women's Basketball Tournaments. These tournaments determine the national champions of college basketball. The NCAA tournaments are an American tradition that sends millions of fans into a synchronized frenzy each year. It is this chaos that gives the tournament its March Madness nickname. March Madness is the concentrated hype of 65 teams vying for college basketball's biggest prize. It's the last-second, buzzer-beating baskets, the euphoria of winning to play another day, and the agony of losing and going home. I've already started my research to pick the "Cinderella" of the tournament! Check back for my bracket!

No comments:

Post a Comment