Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Diva's Birth Story: Part II

So off to the hospital we went...wondering and hoping that they would "keep me" and our little girl would be coming soon. After getting checked in and settled into a "labor" room, I was monitored for about 40 minutes. During this time, my contractions were coming steadily every 5minutes and I was 3cm dilated and 70% effaced. The nurse came in to inform us that we had a choice. We could either go home (not a chance!) or stay and be observed for 2 hours. We opted to stay, knowing that if we went home, we would be back in two hours anyways...and we weren't going to take a chance on not making it back.

After two hours of waiting and struggling to find something to watch on TV, I started having contractions ever 2-3 minutes and had dilated to 4 cm. The contractions had not yet begun to get painful, just uncomfortable. Once again, we were informed that we could either go home...(uh, hello?! have you not been listening when I say my labor is FAST?) or we could stay for another couple of hours to be monitored. I have to admit, this was getting really annoying, really fast! By this time, it was after 9:00pm and with contractions every 2-3 minutes, there was no way I was going home! Another 2 hours went past, and finally at 11:30 we got the word that we were being admitted. We were taken to a delivery room and got settled. As we were getting settled, surprise! my doctor just happen to go on call and poked his head in. He was all smiles, knowing full well that when he stripped my membranes I would be delivering...he just wanted to be on call for me! (Which he admitted in not so many words that night). Finally, we were admitted...all that we needed to do next was have this baby!

Can you tell I'm relieved to FINALLY be in a delivery room?!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment