Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Diva's Birth Story: Part I

I know many of you will be wondering how this labor/delivery all went considering that Big C made his appearance super fast (a total of 20 minutes). Baby C...or Little Diva as we have taken to calling her, decided to that she liked my uterus a little too much and just wasn't ready to come out yet. Here is her story:

Monday-Wednesday I had been having contractions. They weren't painful, just uncomfortable. Tuesday after my doctor stripped my membranes, I fully thought that I would be back at the hospital that night in labor. Well, that wasn't the case. Wednesday started with the same contractions, but not close enough together to "raise the alarm." Curt stayed home with me that day from school and we decided to "walk this baby out" and headed to the mall to join the senior citizens in art of "mall walking". We walked for about 2 hours which started the contractions to intensify. (On a side note..those mall walkers are fast! I seriously felt the wind as the zoomed past me. I have to admit, I was a little embarrassed at my slowness!) I got tired and we headed home. However, once laying down at home, the contractions slowed down...talk about frustrating!

After a nap and some much needed relaxation, we decided to try our chances again and headed back to the mall. This time, after 40 minutes, the contractions were intense and my body was getting tired. We decided to head home, grab our bags, and head to the hospital. We figured, what's the worst that could happen? They send us home? Well...needless to say, we did not get sent home that Wednesday night!



post signature

1 comment: