Sunday, June 14, 2009

Holey Guacamole!

I've noticed that I haven't posted a recipe in awhile. Now, that doesn't mean that we haven't been eating...the scale will prove otherwise! I actually have been making a lot of guacamole, even if I am the only on to eat it. It is super easy, quick, and most of all satisfying.

Only a few ingredients: avocados, tomatoes, salt, lemon juice, and chips. HOLD UP! Have you ever had the "Hint of Lime" chips?! OH MY!! This are so good. If you thought chips were addicting before, you shouldn't try these...or should you? I think from now on, I will ONLY buy these!

The ingredient line up:
Cut the avocados in half. The HUGE seed/pit inside is really easy to get out, especially if your hand eye coordination is good...if not, let some one else do it. Take your knife and whack it down onto the pit. Then turn your knife, pull up, and the pit should come with it. After that, use a spoon to scrape out the good stuff.
Next, dice your tomatoes and add. (Aren't the colors so pretty! It's like a party in a bowl!)

Squirt a little bit of lemon or even lime juice in it...I use half a lemon. Don't forget to add a pinch of salt. Sometimes I get crazy and add garlic...on my wild nights.



Finally, mix it all together. I like my guacamole a little chunky, so I don't mix it all the way. I love it so much, that IF there are any left overs...doubt it...that it will be my lunch tomorrow.

It's like a little fiesta on every chip!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment