Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A Little Bit of Updated History

Ever since moving into our new house, I've had the color scheme of browns and teals for all of the common areas in our house. In our formal living room, I have been looking for an old dresser or buffet table to redo. I wanted it to be distressed teal to add a pop of color. I began looking at flee markets, garage sales, and antique stores, but I couldn't find anything that I liked that was big enough or in my price range. My parents decided to do some renovations in their house and were going to get ride of an old buffet table that had been painted hunter green. The buffet actually came from my grandparent's house. They had originally bought the buffet table which was stained a light cherry color.

The buffet has been a process to get it to match the image in my mind. It had to be stripped of the hunter green paint, sanded down, painted, varnished, etc...and it's still not done! I am just so excited about it I wanted to share it with you all!

The doors still need new hardware, but like with everything finding the right ones will be a process!



Even though it is not done, looking at it makes my heart happy...happy with the hard work put into it and that it tells a story of my family.

I'll post the pictures of the final product when it gets completed!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment