Tuesday, February 4, 2014

A Princess Turns 4!

Lacey turns 4 years old today. I couldn't be more proud of her or more in love with her.  She has grown from a red fuzzy haired baby...


To the most beautiful and intelligent little toddler girl.  When describing Lacey to others who don't know her, I always say that Lacey does everything with every part of her.  She loves, hates, cries, laughs with every part of her body and emotion.

Birthday parties this year for both Clayton and Lacey are suspended due to CJ coming home at the height of RSV season.  I just can't risk his health for a party.  However, that doesn't mean that I can't decorate like we are having one to hopefully make their birthday's special.  Lacey wanted a unicorn themed birthday this year...she has been watching a lot of Despicable Me and a character on it carries a unicorn.  While I couldn't fine any unicorn party decorations, there was plenty of My Little Pony...she didn't notice the difference! 





She was so surprised when she woke up from a nap on Sunday to see all of the decorations.  Lacey does about 10 outfit changes a day.  I never know what she is going to have on when she comes around the corner. When she laid down for her nap, she had a totally different outfit on then the one she came downstairs in...but she matched her birthday decorations perfectly!
     

   Dear Lacey,  


       I am having a hard time believing that you turned 4 years old today.  


  The past 6 months have been challenging for our family, but I fear that it has effected you the most.  In April when we found out you had a PDA and needed corrective heart surgery I was completely devastated.   I would have traded places with you in a heart beat...no pun intended...if I could.  You took it all in stride, like it was nothing.  Thank God your surgery was successful and you have blossomed.  Your Daddy and I think you have physically grown leaps and bounds and since your surgery. You have grown from wearing size 3T to 5T...no 4Ts for you big girl! You are tall and thin, just like your Daddy!  Your energy is limitless, as is your laughs, hugs, and kisses. 
    In July when I had to go on bed rest you were perfectly content to climb on the couch and cuddle and snuggle with me.  Then in August when I went into the hospital, I was so worried about how you would handle me being away and how you would act when you saw my laying in the hospital bed.  You did have a little bit of a rough patch then, but you never hesitated to climb in my bed with me for our snuggles and cuddles.  After your check up with the all clear on your heart, Daddy brought you to visit me in the hospital.  For 4 hours, you laid next to me in bed, being so gently with rubbing your baby brother in my tummy and curled right into me.  It was by far my best day in the hospital.  It was rough on you with me being away, and I hated it but it was necessary for your brother's survival.  


 You are such a great big sister to CJ.  You throw away his diapers...yes, even the poo diapers too.  You love to hold him and hug him.  Clayton is still your favorite by far.  I love to watch the two of you play together, especially in the jump house.    Your favorite colors are purple and pink and you love anything with a little bling.  You always want your hair long and greatly dislike it when I try to brush.  Your favorite food to eat is still chicken nuggets, spaghetti, and pancakes.  However, you are developing a big sweet tooth...no clue who you get that from!  You love oreos and nuetella.  
   You love to do school time with Mommy.  You know all of your ABCs, can write your name, order numbers 1-13, make patterns, cut using scissors, and dot to dots.  
   Today on your 4th birthday, you will be spending it at home with me and your baby brother.  We will spend our day making bracelets, playing Pop the Pig, and putting puzzles together.  We will dance, we will sing, we will love, and we will have so much fun together.  When Daddy and Clayton come home from school, we'll have our celebration. You decided you wanted spaghetti for dinner...Yum!


My wish for you is that you always know how very special and how loved you  will always be my sweet, wild girl.  You are your Momma's girl...through and through...and I couldn't be more proud! 

    I love you Lacey!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment