Monday, April 18, 2011

I Am A Warrior In Pink!

Indianapolis held the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure on Saturday. I have walked the 5K portion in the past, but decided to run it this year. I love the atmosphere at the Race. There is tons of music, people, laughter, and tears...tears of happiness and tears of saddness...but no one is teary eyed alone. I was nervous to run my first 5K but I was DETERMINED to do it and to finish the race without walking. All I have to say is....mission accomplished!!!!!!! Official Time: 722 #3758 FRANKLIN IN F 27 10:56 33:59.9 I felt so blessed to have my wonderful husband with me at the race as my support team...the other two teammates (Big C and Baby C) stayed home on the chilly morning. Before the Race I always stop by Zeta Taul Alpha's (my sorority) tent and the Starbucks tent. This year, I even stopped by the Ford tent and recieved a Warrior in Pink scarf and a lovely 'before' picture with the hubby. After the race started, the Husband walked to the finish line to wait for my arrival...about 33 minutes later...here I come!
Ok, so not quite a photo finish, but I got a photo of my finishing!!!
As we waited for my dear friend to finish the race, we visited another tent to get an 'after' picture taken.

It felt so great to be able to cross an item off of my 'to do' list. I felt a huge accomplishment after finishing the race and am looking forward to my next race in June in support of finding a cure for colon cancer.

post signature

2 comments: