Monday, April 25, 2011

French Dressing...Vegan Style

30 Day Vegan Challenge: Day 9...and going strong!

Friday night I was in a hurry and dinner got put on the back burner for myself. I didn't have time to 'cook' a meal for me and grabbing whatever I saw to eat wasn't an option what with the whole no eating animal bi-products and all. I decided on a quick salad...lettuce, yellow peppers, peas, cauliflower, chopped onions...simple, healthy, everything on hand....until I got to the salad dressing. Every salad dressing I had bought from the store had some sort of animal bi-product in it, namely a dairy product. Luckily, I pulled up google on my phone....LOVE my iphone!...and found this delicious recipe for a vegan friendly french dressing!


Ingredients:

  • 12 oz of vegetable oil
  • 2 oz of white wine vinaigrette
  • 1/2 cup of ketchup
  • 2 Tsp of sugar
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 tsp of salt
How to Make:

Mix all ingredients, stir, and serve...as Big C would say...easy peasy!

This was amazing over a salad and would be just as good as a substitute over a baked potato!


My lunch today...mashed squash with curry scooped on whole wheat pita bread with a pear...YUMMMMM! (Don't knock it til you try it!)

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment