Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Numbers


1

    I have been in the hospital now for 1 week.  Baby boy and I were admitted last Thursday and will remain here until the end of the pregnancy. He is stable and seems to be doing well. He gets monitored 3 times a day to check his heart rate and to detect any contractions that I may have. Luckily, no contractions and I remain pregnant. What a blessing!

9

    The ultimate goal is for me to remain pregnant for another 9 weeks and then deliver then. However, this goal is best case scenario and not really realistic...but that doesn't mean I won't try and make that my goal. Whenever the baby starts showing sign of stress or a health decline in me, delivery will be necessary.  We discovered through an ultrasound the my placenta is covering my cervix. Discovering this along with our baby being breech means that a cesarean section will be the way that I will need to deliver.

25

   On Saturday, I will be 25 weeks pregnant. It is a true miracle that I am still pregnant after the amniotic membranes ruptured three weeks ago. Most women go in to labor within 48 hours after their membranes rupture and very rarely stay pregnant after a week.

65

   Making it to 25 weeks pregnant gives our baby boy a 65% chance of survival.  This is HUGE considering just a few weeks ago we were given 0% chance!

80

   If delivering at 25 weeks ( which I won't!) our baby has a 80 % chance that he will live with some complication.  Now, there are a wide range and variety of complications he might have. This could be any where from needing to wear glasses to more severe such as cerebral palsy. We won't know anything until birth and maybe not even then.

100

     I am 100% grateful for all of the comments, emails, texts, phone calls, flowers, and care packages I have received. Everyone's support and encouragement helps me to remain strong and feel like I am not alone. My faith remains unshaken that God will take care of us. I have not lost my bags on this leg of my life journey.
post signature

4 comments:

  1. I am so blessed to know you. You are such a strong person and I want you to know that Tyler, Morgan and I pray for CJ to listen to his mama and keep growing strong and healthy. Love you lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am overjoyed to hear that you are still pregnant, no contractions, and that Baby is stable! I continue to pray for you, your family, and all the medical staff that is watching over you. May God continue to bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for that sweet boy still being stable!! I'm so glad and have been thinking of you. Stay strong Momma! You got this in the bag! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy to hear you are still pregnant with no contractions! That is very good to hear! You are in my prayers! We are continuing to pray for you and your family! God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete