Friday, August 23, 2013


Well, here we are. Each member of our family has hit a major milestone(s) over the week. Here's the roll call...

Clayton is still loving school. I couldn't be happier that his transition into school routine has been so seamless for him, especially since I have not been around for it.  This continues to break my heart, but I'm learning to deal. Getting to see the papers he brings home and hear his stories from his day are help to give me a glimmer into his new activities. This past week, he started his third season of soccer. He loves it! I can't wait to watch him play!

Lacey has had a little bit of a rough time adjusting to me being away. She was ok at first, but as me absence grows longer, she has a harder time adjusting.  Today, she was able to visit with me for a few hours and spent the whole time laying with me in bed and cuddling. She was in tears when it was time for her to leave, even with the promise that she could visit tomorrow.  Lacey's big milestone was that she had her follow up appointment with her cardiologist at Riley Children's Hospital and received a clean bill! Her heart looks perfect and she won't have to go back for 4 years!

The baby and I are still in the hospital...2 weeks after being admitted.  Over the past weekend, the baby had a rough 24 hours.  His heart dropped and he was monitored for 24 hours continuously. It's means that I was hooked up to a heart rate monitor and contraction monitor the whole time. I was not permitted to get out of bed for any reason. Luckily, baby did much better and we are back to being monitored 3 times a day and bathroom privileges have been restored. Saturday marks a major milestone...we have made it to 26 weeks pregnant! He now has a survival rate of 75% and a health complication risk that has gone down to about 70%.  I've also been granted daily wheelchair rides for 30 minutes a day and can go outside! I save these for when Clayton and Lacey come to visit so that they aren't confined to the hospital room. This also gives them an opportunity to see me out of the bed in hopes to give them confidence that Mommy will be ok. I continue to keep taking this journey day by day. I do keep a daily count to help keep the days separate. When you spend 22-23 hours of your day in one room, one bed, your days tend to run together.

My husband continues to be daddy, mommy, bread-winner, house keeper, laundry-person, dog(s) caretaker, etc...all independently. His strength through this difficult journey is nothing short of impressive.

Thank you all so much for your support, emails, phone calls, texts, gift cards, cards, care packages, and especially your prayers! This journey would be so itch more difficult without your loving support! I don't know how I could ever begin to repay everyone for your kindness, but I sure will try!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment