Monday, September 14, 2009

Kanye Can Learn From Beyonce!

I watched the MTV Video Music Awards last night and was completely disgusted with Kanye West. Here's the story. Taylor Swift won the first award of the night, Best Female Video...which, is awesome, but equally impressive is that she is a country singer! This was her first EVER moon man win. You could tell by her face that she was shocked and so excited. Taylor was right in the middle of her heart felt, yet a little dazed, acceptance speech when out of no where Kanye grabs the mic from her hand and spouts off:


"Hey Taylor, I'm really happy for you, but Beyonce had one of the best videos of all time." He was promptly met with boos from the audience, while poor Taylor could only look on. Taylor looked completely humiliated, I felt humiliated! I started booing at my TV along with the crowd!
Later on in the show, Beyonce won for Best Video and showing TRUE class, this is what she had to say:


"Wow, this is amazing," Beyonce said when receiving her award. "I remember being 17-years-old and up for my first MTV award with Destiny's Child. It was one of the most exciting moments in my life. So, I'd like for Taylor to come out and have her moment."
Yes, I did tear up then....her mother has got to be so proud!!
Stars took to twitter afterwards:

Pink said: "Kanye West is the biggest piece of sh-t on earth. Quote me," she wrote. "My heart goes out to Taylor Swift. She is a sweet and talented girl, and deserved her moment. She should know we all love her."
Perez Hilton and Hayley Williams wrote that they were on "TeamTaylor".
Apparently, Kanye apologized by blogging about it....ugh, like that matters!
"I'M SOOOOO SORRY TO TAYLOR SWIFT AND HER FANS AND HER MOM," Kanye wrote on his site. "I SPOKE TO HER MOTHER RIGHT AFTER AND SHE SAID THE SAME THING MY MOTHER WOULD'VE SAID. SHE IS VERY TALENTED!"
Sometimes, saying sorry doesn't just doesn't help.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment