Sunday, November 3, 2013

NICU Guardian Angels

   Every morning, when I first walk into the NICU and see CJ I am always in awe of him and struck again by what a miracle he is and what a big blessing that God has given us. I am so thankful that he has continued to be such a fighter. 

He is such a laid back, peaceful baby. He rarely gets upset. The nurses continue to fight over him, some even go to the extent of planning their work schedule around one another so they all get to have their "CJ" time.  We couldn't be more blessed than to have CJ's guardian angle NICU Nurses. Have you heard that quote on the TV commercial...."Care is not what we give, it's what we do?" Well, these nurses are the epitome of that. They do care, not only about CJ, but about our whole family. Every day they ask how Clayton and Lacey are doing as well...they love our Lacey stories and cheer on Clayton in all is his success in school and for his first basketball game. It truly is going to be bittersweet when CJ comes home and I won't spend at least 5-6 hours a day with them. BUT I do want my baby home...I guess we can always visit! 
   Our snuggle time continues to be my favorite part of the day. CJ's favorite has sinced switched to when I get to breast feed him. He has been doing so well with breast feeding! He will nurse about half of his feeding and then get the rest from his feeding tube. Today, since he has been doing so well, I get to breast feed him three times a day instead of one. The fact that I am breast feeding my 36 week old baby is amazing to me! 


He definitely is enjoying it and growing by leaps and bounds! He is already 5.7 pounds!! His premie clothes are starting to look like muscle shirts on him. 


Oh, and don't get me started in his double chins...


No comments:

Post a Comment