Thursday, November 21, 2013

CJ is 2 Months

CJ turned 2 months old on the 9th. 

 
My 37 weeker was 2 months old.
      He is currently 6.14 pounds...yes, he has tripled his body weight! His oxygen has been switched to what they call "going home" oxygen. He is on a 1/4 of a liter flow and 100%oxygen.  (I realize this will probably make no sense to most of you, but I am recording this for our memories.) He was switched over to this on the 12th but as of today he is 9 days free of having any alarms. He will most likely go home on this oxygen which is just fine by me because he would be coming home! 
   What is still keeping him in the NICU? Feeding. He still requires his feeding tube for some of his feeding. He is slowly working up to not needing the feeding tube. Yesterday he took 63% of his feedings from either breast or bottle feeds. 
   

  We are so close to getting his little miracle home...but still are not sure when that will happen. As the time gets closer, I find myself more anxious and getting rather impatient. 
    My baby is 73 days old. He has never met his amazing big brother or sister. He has never been home.  
Hopefully, this won't be the case for too much longer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment